The article demonstrates a novel Digital Predistortion (DPD) architecture for Mobile Front Haul links for the advanced Long-Term Evolution (LTE) and upcoming 5G networks. Precisely, the use of a feedback approximation method has been proposed and experimentally demonstrated herein that simplifies the complexities in realizing the practical DPD technique for Multi-Mode VCSELs and Multi-Mode Fibers based Radio over Fiber systems. As a figure of merit, linearization efficiency is provided in terms of Adjacent Channel Power Ratio, Normalized Mean Square Error and Error Vector Magnitude referring to a complete LTE frame occupying 10 MHz with 256-QAM modulation format.
- Adjacent channel power ratio (ACPR)
- Digital predistortion (DPD)
- Indirect learning architecture (ILA)
- Long term evolution (LTE)
- Radio over fiber (RoF)
- Vertical cavity surface emitting lasers (VCSEL)